Monday, December 22, 2008

... i have this weird project ongoing....

... My dad has always, for as long as i can remember, with only one exception, had some type of facial hair... Mostly I remember a full beard and mustache combo... for a while, in the 90's he had a goattee instead. I think it matched his collarless shirts and John Lennon glasses better....

And there was one day, when I was about 8 that he shaved it all off, on whim. My sister and i, as was our custom, rushed up the stairs to my parents bedroom one saturday morning to find him cleanshaven. I was aghast. My sister thought that my mother was having an affair with my uncle. That's how convinced she was that the shorn version of my dad was an impostor (she was kinda dumb back then though... or six, however you want to spin it)

Anyway, facial hair has always had a presence in my life.. is what I am getting at here... Thats the main thrust of this post... that i am writing... now... here on blogger...

And a while ago i found this:




and I printed it and posted it on my office window (if i have never mentioned this before, the only window in my office looks out on... the hallway of my office... I have taken to filling it with amusing odds and ends)... I also sent it to everyone I knew with the hormonal cocktail ideal for facial hair growth (this was most guys I knew... some are still in their "peach fuzz" phase of life...) with the challenge to create and send me all the types....

This met mostly with failure. One stalwart and amazing friends sent me a few... which I promptly lost....

But then I found this and I no longer have to rely on men!!!! (yay, another way)

I will be ordering the full gamut pretty soon.

No comments: