Thursday, April 12, 2007

...so it goes....

... these were the words uttered by author/narrator Kurt Vonnegut in slaughterhouse five, every time a character would die....

... and now, it is time to use the words for the prolific man himself....

Kurt Vonnegut passed yesterday, after falling almost two weeks ago in his home in
NYC, which caused irreversible brain injuries. A legend, a genius, a writer and 'just a guy'.

...he will be missed by all who knew him, if only through his words (which may be deeper than you most people you actually know)

... I unearthed this quote from an interview done with Vonnegut a while back, it perfectly sums up the man, his sombre nature, his twisted humour, and his light approach to the worlds heaviest issues. I will close my post with it:

"I'm embarrassed to have lived this long. It's in terrible taste (laughs). You know I had a fire several years ago, and it would have been so shapely if I'd died in the fire. But here I am, and of course I'm suing the cigarette company because on the package they promised to kill me, and here I am."

-Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007)

No comments: