Monday, April 2, 2007

.... the volume of time......

....literally.... I was thinking about that this morning as my alarm clock shocked me into reality at 6:30am..... like every weekday.... well.... I sorta thought about it... as much as you can really ponder something semi-consciously as you fumble to silence Kim Mitchell in the dark.... "Patio Lanterns" may be a feel good beer-on-a-dock tune, but on a cloudy monday in the city I could strangle the guy.,....

Weekday mornings my days must start with a thunderous roar.... otherwise, I will ignoer them completely.... It must annoy my roommates to no end, but I need at least 6 or 7 sound blasts before i am able to draw myself out of bed..... I am seriously considering hiring a dude with an air horn.... to accomplish the same goal (but he would be a naked adonis, oiled up and ready with a bunch of grapes after the seventh honk)

On the weekends any little sound will wake me, and I can rise feeling refreshed and ready to meet the day, or roll over and go back to bed, but the clicking of the radiator will drive me downstairs to brew some coffee or grab the paper from the corner.....

None of this means anything..... its just noise

No comments: