Wednesday, July 11, 2007

... i spill a lot....

... the other night I told a friend of mine how brave she was for wearing a white dress....


...she gasped, eyes widening with bewilderment and asked me, tentatively..."why?"


It took me a minute to realize she thought I was calling her a big fat heifer.... I guess there is a certain connotation that white can make a girl look... extra jolly... but no, my natural gut always associates white with the patches of oddly-formed discolouration left behind after i spill a little bit of... whatever it is happens tyo be in my hand.... food, drink, a dropped pen... my clothes all bear the phantom badges left by my daily adventures.... and no more prominently than my white clothes...


Which is probably why THIS appealed to me straight away and so much....


a great and fashionable tool for the uber-klutz hostess... it's a wine tray that is basically two levels... the bottom flat and the top punched out... so that there is a round whole for a bottle of wine to nestle in , and a slot into which you can slide up to four wine glasses. Managing to carry everything without spilling a drop....


What a fantastic idea.... It's available exclusively online. I suggest buying it directly from the manufacturers... MuNiMulA. They are a small design firm in Michigan, and it's always good to support those indie hipster rockin designers...


No comments: