Monday, July 23, 2007

...infinite jest....

... have you ever read this?....

...I have a theory no one ever has... i think it's in one of my notes, somewhere a while back....

...Myself, I have tried it at least a dozen times, make that a baker's dozen... i think it's great, but i always take too long a break before coming back to the middle of it and feel the need to start again... i simply cannot accept that i am SUPPOSED to be that confused....

I did, however, collect, in my experience with this book, that THIS aspect of it was a negative thing....

...do you really want to live in a world that David Foster Wallace's sick imagination created.... especially if no one has read to the end to findd out how it all ends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have endured a similar frustration in trying to read infinite jest. Although I find it to be brilliant and hilarious, it is much too dense for me at times. Like you, I have also found myself taking a break from the book, and later on beginning it once again from scratch.
After my third attempt to read this epic, I became so frustrated that I finally gave up. By no means do I encourage anyone to do the same. But I precaution to all that want to read this book, reading it it can become a little maddening.