Tuesday, March 13, 2007

....guy on a trike.....

I was just out having my breakfast (coffee, lots of sugar, and a cigarette) and I saw a guy riding by on a blue tricycle..... Now, I may love Toronto, but I am not about to claim that it has the best guy on a tricycle....

.... That honour is reserved for Montreal.... During my four years there Jack, the bearded weirdo, was a mainstay of my daily routine.... you only noticed his absence once he would return, but he was the sense of normalcy.... And its not just me.... Jack was was named number 5 on the Montreal Mirror's Best Montreal Weirdo List for 2006. I only know two of the other guys who beat him.... and they are TRES weird. Jack is not so much weird, as curious.

It was best not to think about him too much. Cuz then you would be left wondering.... why three wheels?.... where exactly is he going?.... How does he remain so fat if he bikes ALL day EVERY day?..... The questions could be endless, better just to appreciate Jack as the cycling weirdo that he was, and appreciate that the only thing you could count on, like clockwork, in a city like Montreal, was a guy that looked like Santa, pedaling lazily around the city daily on an oversized vehicle that was originally intended for children..... in other words. If there was no weirdness in your day, it was an odd one.

No comments: