Monday, March 12, 2007

Postsecret

I am assuming that by now everyone knows about postsecret..... It is one of my favourite sites on the internet.... I think that I have checked it (at least) once a week for the past two years. I even went out and bought the first book (and am waiting for the second, once you read it once it's fun to look at but not the same, I wanna only get it once I can't take not having it anymore.

Just in case you don't know about postsecret, a quick overview is that a whole bunch of years ago a guy decided to go to his local library in Maryland and slip cards into a tonne of the books (i think he started with a thousand cards) asking people to take a 4x6 card and create a postcard with their secret on it. It could be ANYTHING. And he expected to maybe get a couple back. Within weeks he was getting thousands of secrets from all over the world. People were so excited to get their deepest darkests off their chests, safely, creatively, anonymously, that word travelled by mouth, email, letter, radio, telelvision and, now, thousands of secrets reach maryland each and every week.

I love that you can tell your secrets to someone who doesn't know you. I love, even more, that you can read other people's secrets and not know who they are, even though you know whats at the heart of them.

I hate, however, when they post people's responses to the cards. I mean, the whole point of the frickin thing is that EVERYONE has a response to EVERY card. I don't wanna know what people are thinking about something.

But today I have a comment. I am not sending it to Maryland.... I am putting it here. This is pretty much my postcard anyway. The snapshot of my twisted brain.... Today I saw this card and i couldn't help but wish that i had sent it(or that I could draw). I have no idea why that person wrote it, or what they meant by it. It could be interpreted so many ways. But I love it, because my crazy friends are the ones I love the most. They understand my crazy..... and don't make a big fucking deal of it. We are all their for eachothers' insanity. We help where we can, but more, we understand when help is not required. Just presence.

So to all my Crazies..... I love you to bits.... Thanks for being nuts.... It keeps me sane

No comments: