Monday, February 19, 2007

A is for apple, that's good enough for me....

... you can keep your D for Dells, your HPs, your IBMs, I like my mac... And I'll tell you why...

...today, after months of hemming and hawing and procrastinating... I finally bit the bullet and went to the apple store to get my ipod looked at. It has only had sound coming out of one of the earphones for a while now... and before you ask, yes, I tried it with one than one pair of headphones... it just wasn't working...

....And the lovely folks at the genius bar were GREAT. They told me i was over my warranty's limit, but just, so they would help me out anyway. Than, after asking a couple of questions, they handed me an entirely new ipod.... that's it. no hassle, no sending it off to be "tested" at the head office.

When I was in university my monitor's power source blew, and taking it back to future shop was, i think, the most stressful thing I have EVER done in life! They made me send it away to be repaired, buy a new one, which they would not cover with a warranty, and then when they realized they couldn't fix my original they wouldn't just trade it for the EXACT same one I had bought as a replacement. I had to return that and get the "official" substitute for my monitor, returning the old-new one at a cost to me.... A nightmare, to be sure.


So Steve Jobs, congrats... you run a good company there. You realize that your instruments while great, are fallible and are more than happy to keep us, your consumers happy. (He has also been taking action with the music labels to open up copyrights so that stuff downloaded from itunes is compatible with other brands of mp3 players... how's that for free-market economy)

An apple a day (while making me broke) keeps the blues away!!!!

No comments: