Monday, February 26, 2007

.... skype is creeping me out.... and i can't really figure it...

... Who has skype?

... if you do, open it up, now go to the preference panel.....click on the sms tab....

.... they used as an example a passage from 1984... and not just any passage.... one that explains how Big Brother will always be there, it is unavoidable....

Smith
Does Big Brother exist?

O'Brian
Of Course he exists. The Party exists. Big Brother is the embodiment of the Party

Smith
Does he exist in the same way that I exist?

O'Brian
You do not exist.

Smith
I Think I exist
I am conscious of my own identity. I was born and I shall die. I have arms and legs
I occupy a particular point in space. No other solid object can occupy the same point simultaneously
In that sense, does Big Brother exist?

O'Brian
It is of no importance. He exists

Smith
Will Big Brother ever die?

O'Brian
Of course not. How could he die? Next question

.... I can not yet figure out how this relates to skype, but it seems sinister....

....any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah... i was just thinking about it... I think its a passage from a certain book.... when i read it, i was like: what the hell is wrong with this passage? sounds creepy.

by the way, its in the chat tab not sms...